Saturday, October 6, 2007

Purpose: Change the World!


Eric Drooker, scratchboard; Kathe Kollwitz quote; Erin Davies, colorization. SCW© 2004

Kathe Kollwitz was a 1920’s German artist whose powerful woodcuts such as a Never Again War! came to symbolize a generation’s horrified reaction to World War I.

Syracuse Cultural Workers, Peace and Justice Publisher since 1982:
Tools for Change!

4 comments:

Fran said...

As it says on BlueGal's blog... Be the change, baby.

Brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Interesting links!

Thanks for sharing.

-gartenfische

Suzy said...

Syracuse Cultural Workers is one of my favorite catalogs. Thanks for posting this.

One of my husband's bands does a song called "The Change You Want to See". Listen to it here:
http://www.tonguengroovin.com/ (Click on the tunes button)

Jan said...

Fran, Garten, and Suzy, thanks for coming by. Suzy, I just got the Syracuse Cultural Workers catalog for the first time in the mail yesterday! I was so please to find out about it. I'll go and listen to your husband's band. Thanks.