Monday, October 15, 2007

From Fran in her post
Blog Action Day - Plastic Water Bottles & The Environment


Fran really hit me with all her info and passion about this subject. Although I am almost fanatical about recycling, I see that re-using a water bottle (NOT a plastic one though!) would be more beneficial. Thanks to Fran's link to My Sigg water bottles, I've actually acted and ordered one for me. I am even thinking this would be a good Christmas present for each member of my family--if they'd choose their own design! I couldn't resist getting one for myself that has leaves on it, which was the same price as a plain one.

Bloggers Unite - Blog Action Day



5 comments:

Mystical Seeker said...

I've been reading the book "The World Without Us", and there is a chapter on disposable plastic and what it is doing to the environment that is really chilling. We would be better off if we never used another plastic bag or plastic bottle again, but the damage from what has already been produced over the last 50 years is already incredibly serious.

Unknown said...

Good Luck in your quest.

Anonymous said...

I bought one of those metal water bottles lately at a local health food store. Different brand (and cheaper), but not as pretty as mysigg.

Jan said...

Maybe this time the "chilling" facts of plastic usage are getting to me. Thanks for coming by. I'd never even heard of "mysigg" before, Garten, but now I know about it and soon will have my own.

Fran said...

Jan, thanks so much for the cross post. Wow. It is something for us to all think about.

I think the wisdom is in small thoughts and actions and how we can support each other in doing good works.

I am interested in reading the World Without Us.