Emptiness by Bluesrose
Sally brings today's RevGals Friday Five:
I have been pondering this Friday Five over and over in my mind, but I am coming up with nothing, so I am wondering; what do you do when you feel empty of all creativity and unable to make/do anything? This is a completely open question, the only rule is name 5 things that fill/ inspire you:
1.Meditate, be in silence--even for a minute! There was a cute cartoon on FB about just taking a moment of meditation! So I'll put it here:
2. Talk to a good friend. For some unknown reason, I find it hard to call people even though I like talking to them once the conversation gets started.
3. Go for a walk.
4. Go to the Psalter. When I can't sit or pray, I can always pray/read a Psalm. I remember when I was clinically depressed in the 1990's and couldn't seem to pray, I would read Psalms, especially the laments.
5. Write a note or card to someone. Write in a journal.

5 comments:
love the moment meditation!
What a GORGEOUS photograoh.
The Psalms are a great source for prayer....and of course as a life long meditator I get what you mean - I am for 30 minutes a day, but some days I have to settle for a little less.
There are days I neglect my silence and it shows...thanks for the reminder.
Hi Jan. I think you have a beautiful smile. A counselor is still a human being and doesn't always know what he is talking about.
Keep smiling. It warms people, makes them feel safe with you, encourages them.
I don't know about other countries... but it works great here!
Post a Comment