Thursday, August 18, 2011

Home!

We got home late yesterday afternoon after five weeks away. There was little computer access during our travels and few minutes to spare, especially when I started reading The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. I finished the third book this afternoon, so I finally have time to blog again!

We had various venues during our long trip--first the driving through much beautiful country, then visiting family and friends in Washington State, and finally babysitting our 8 month old granddaughter Avery in Austin, TX.

Avery loved me as the female figure with her mother and father gone. I don't think she completely remembered what or who were missing, but she was a little unsettled for the first few days. Usually, she would not let husband CB hold her and would laugh and giggle at him if I was holding her. I was glad to be honored by her attachment, but soon realized how much work it is carrying a baby around again on my hip. Avery seemed to get adjusted to us after a few days, but yesterday she had to switch gears again with the arrival of her other grandparents and our disappearance. It is good that she is a sweet-tempered girl. I wish I could see her reaction when her parents come home on Saturday night!

Returning to TX, I am newly aware of the tendency for dust to gather in houses. I am sure there is dust under our beds; I see it on the edges of the ceiling fans, too. It must get worse with pets, especially cats. I thought I noticed dust (and didn't see any) until I started seeing it more closely in hard-to-reach places. I will look into this more closely/deeply when I recover from our trip!


1 comment:

Fran said...

Welcome home and thank you for the nice postcard... I owe you mail. You are such a light in the world, thank you.

Glad you had such good (long!) journeys!!! And Avery too!