We spent four days in Seattle, visiting our daughters AE and KA and friends Terry and Dennis. AE took our picture this day when we ate lunch inside a greenhouse at Swanson's Nursery, near her home in Ballard.
Unfortunately, when we got to Seattle on Saturday, I thought I was having a huge allergy attack which ended up being a cold. (I was relieved that I wasn't allergic to Washington State, though having a cold to share was not that appealing.) So far both daughters AE and KA have caught this cold and possibly husband CB.
The weather is beautiful, with sunny days and high temperatures in the 70s F, both in Seattle and now back in Bellingham. Tonight we will walk around Boulevard Park, which was a traditional activity to do around sunset ever since the children were little and my mother was still with us.
As we drove to Seattle on Saturday, I heard the news that a dear friend, Susan Chaubal, died in her sleep. It was a great shock and is sad. I have many regrets, because I had not made time for her this past year, mostly because of my preoccupation with my health. Even so Susan encouraged me greatly to get a better diagnosis when it was not determined yet that I had RA.
Please pray for her husband Milind and daughter Anjulie.
2 comments:
So sorry to hear about your loss. You and her family will be in my prayers today. Blessings from another susan
Hi Jan!
Thank you for the post card! I always love receiving your cards!
Things have been busy here, but I hope to slow down quite a bit pretty soon; perhaps that will mean a return to blogging... Even if it doesn't, know that I enjoy Yearning for God today just as much as I always have!!!!
Love you,
Katherine
Post a Comment