
Kathrynzg brings today's Friday Five for RevGalBlogPals:
A friend and I were lamenting recently about the good ol' days of blogging and memes. Certainly there are still some very active blogs around our web ring, but the days of the Friday Five getting 50-70+ responses are in the past. We lamented that the Friday Five is the equivalent of the women's guild of RevGalBlogPals.
A friend and I were lamenting recently about the good ol' days of blogging and memes. Certainly there are still some very active blogs around our web ring, but the days of the Friday Five getting 50-70+ responses are in the past. We lamented that the Friday Five is the equivalent of the women's guild of RevGalBlogPals.
I am one of those who went from blogging just about daily to periodically at best. Unfortunately, the number I routinely read has gone down as well. What about you?
1) Have your blogging (writing/reading) habits shifted since the days of yore?
Those could have been my words above, which is how Kathryn started this FF. I used to visit all my friends daily, but now most of those original blogging friends from 2006 (when I started blogging) rarely post anymore.
I post almost everyday, because this practice has become my form of letter-writing that I seldom engage in anymore. I am glad that my two oldest children, husband, and other friends regularly read my blog; they keep me engaged.
Yesterday I anticipated the near future when this blog will reach 2,000 posts and I wondered if this blog should continue. . . .
2) Do you have some favorites that you miss?
I really miss Katherine at Meaning and Authenticity--she was the friend who got me started blogging.
A few others I miss:
Jennifer at Orientation of Heart
Zorra at Red Heeler Ranch
Rev. Dr. Kate at Prairie Light
Barbara at Views from the Road
Those could have been my words above, which is how Kathryn started this FF. I used to visit all my friends daily, but now most of those original blogging friends from 2006 (when I started blogging) rarely post anymore.
I post almost everyday, because this practice has become my form of letter-writing that I seldom engage in anymore. I am glad that my two oldest children, husband, and other friends regularly read my blog; they keep me engaged.
Yesterday I anticipated the near future when this blog will reach 2,000 posts and I wondered if this blog should continue. . . .
2) Do you have some favorites that you miss?
I really miss Katherine at Meaning and Authenticity--she was the friend who got me started blogging.
A few others I miss:
Jennifer at Orientation of Heart
Zorra at Red Heeler Ranch
Rev. Dr. Kate at Prairie Light
Barbara at Views from the Road
3) Are there some blogs you still put in the 'must read' category?
I am grateful for Blogger's Blogging list of those I "follow" so I can keep up at a glance with favorites. I cannot list them all below, but here are a few I always look at:
Ellie's various blogs, especially The Anchorhold and Meditation Matters
Sherry at A Feather Adrift
Mompriest at Seeking Authentic Voice
AND I am really glad whenever I see posts by these bloggers, who are often too busy:
Dave at The Quaker Agitator
Fran at There Will Be Bread
Jaliya at The Quoteable I Ching
I am grateful for Blogger's Blogging list of those I "follow" so I can keep up at a glance with favorites. I cannot list them all below, but here are a few I always look at:
Ellie's various blogs, especially The Anchorhold and Meditation Matters
Sherry at A Feather Adrift
Mompriest at Seeking Authentic Voice
AND I am really glad whenever I see posts by these bloggers, who are often too busy:
Dave at The Quaker Agitator
Fran at There Will Be Bread
Jaliya at The Quoteable I Ching
4) If we gathered at your knee, what would you tell us about those early days of blogging?
It used to be fun to share with each other. There used to be lists of categories that everyone would pass back and forth called "MEMEs"--I tried one just ten days ago, and no one responded!
I remember we would have themes such as ABC's of GRATITUDE and FAITH STORY and post continuing reflections on those topics.
It used to be fun to share with each other. There used to be lists of categories that everyone would pass back and forth called "MEMEs"--I tried one just ten days ago, and no one responded!
I remember we would have themes such as ABC's of GRATITUDE and FAITH STORY and post continuing reflections on those topics.
5) Do you have a clip or a remembrance of a previous post of yours or someone else's that you remember, you know an oldie but goodie?
I loved it when bloggers would meet up and post pictures of those gatherings. I only have met Diane in 2008 and Serena in 2007 and they used to blog much more than they do now, though Diane is more regular than many.
I loved it when bloggers would meet up and post pictures of those gatherings. I only have met Diane in 2008 and Serena in 2007 and they used to blog much more than they do now, though Diane is more regular than many.
7 comments:
I never miss ya Jan, or almost never at least! You are one of my favorites and never fail to write something that lifts my spirits. It's awfully hot today, the humidity is a killer. I'm going to sit in the tub! lol..
Thanks for stopping by to comment on my blog. Yours is among the ones I miss because of my lack of visiting, not because of your lack of writing. Hugs to you.
Great links - thank you - and thanks for playing!
I miss having the time to read so much, but you are ALWAYS worth reading, when I get over here, Jan.
Glad to know you've kept it up. I've never had time to back-read, but when I visit you are one of the solid bloggers I can count on.
You come up with the cutest cartoons. Yes, I'd love a postcard. My address is Susan Wright 3500 Data Dr #257 Rancho Cordova, CA 95670. Thanks so much for thinking about me, Jan. :)
Oops. Duly noted. Off to blog.
Post a Comment