Monday, November 16, 2009

Prayer from Nan Merrill's "Peace Planet"

The prayer in Nan Merrill's Peace Planet: Light for Our World that I am praying for today is specifically for Burundi, which touches me since I just read Tracy Kidder's latest book, Strength in What Remains. That is about a refugee from Burundi who is now a medical student in the US; what an amazing story of strength and resilience.

But this is also a prayer for our world:

If planetary peace seems
beyond our reach, recall:
Miracles are natural when
we rely on the Source of All
to carry our burdens with us.
Then, even peace is possible.

We are asking,
May
Miracles
flourish on Earth.

1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

That is a beautiful prayer.

If you get a chance to stop by my blog today, you might be interested in the book I'm reviewing (if you haven't read it already). I know you've been exploring non-dualistic spirituality and that's one of the things the author discusses.