As Sherry wrote, I also did not participate in Black Friday shopping (unless you count going to our local supermarket HEB).Usually our cat Gracie sleeps in the bathroom with the door closed, but someone let her out last night, so at 6 am this morning she was scratching repeatedly on the bedroom door. I briefly thought that I could go out shopping, but quickly went back to sleep.
I cooked a small (11 lb.) turkey today with stuffing, so we could have the fixings for turkey sandwiches. That's necessary with younger son BJ home and husband CB. Yesterday CB and I fixed the stuffing for the big brined turkey (which was delicous!) at AA and DC's house in Austin. Today I made half the amount for ours. As a novelty, I only cooked one bag of cranberries for our cranberry sauce--usually we have much, much more.
We had an enjoyable time at son DC and his wife AA's house in Austin. Here is a family picture taken in front of their house before the big meal:
BJ, Jan, CB, MJ, AA and DC(Our daughters AE and KA stayed in Seattle, obviously.)
AA's brother took the family pictures, as we were trying to get one to send with our Christmas cards. Instead of this one, we chose one taken in the backyard.
2 comments:
Sounds like a nice Thanksgiving....looks like that too!
I applaud your cooking of a turkey and dressing for sandwiches. We've been eating (day 3) on ours and plan to again tomorrow. Alas, I shall have to pack up the rest for the freezer and return to cooking chores on Monday. All good things must end!
Post a Comment