Sunday, November 8, 2009

Z end of gratitude of ABC's!


Zambia
I will always be grateful that I spent one month in Zambia in 2006 on a trip sponsored by Oblate School of Theology. In the group of five (four Roman Catholic religious) I was in the minority for being a layperson, a wife and mother, and a Protestant. Otherwise, in Zambia I felt in a minority for being a healthy older person, being white and from America. It was good for me to experience that, as well as to meet the wonderful people of Zambia, especially in the outreaches beyond Lukulu where I saw extreme poverty and much evidence of HIV/AIDS. My heart belongs to the Zambian people and the missionaries there.

zoo
I am expecially grateful for the Seattle Woodland Park Zoo, which has continued to expand its grounds into natural habitats for the animals. As my children grew up, we went there every summer. This past August, we went again!
DC and wife AA with MJ and X-boy friend CS


zippity-do-da
Zippity-do-da, I'm done with the alphabet!

5 comments:

ROBERTA said...

great job jan! thank you.

Anne said...

ex-boyfriend

Jan said...

Yes, "ex" but "X" indicates the connection to my posting on "X."

Nancy said...

I enjoyed reading your gratitude abc's!

Barbara B. said...

great finish! :)