Monday, May 19, 2008

STUPID!!

http://hourchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/istock_000003845983xsmall.jpg
Today both CB and I received separate notices that our rebate checks will arrive in three weeks or so. I don't get paid for what I do as a volunteer, so why did I get a letter, too?? What a pointless waste of money. AND these mailings with printing and postage amounted to $42 MILLION!

The news of this occurred about two weeks ago, but I wasn't expecting them to be sent to everyone, like both spouses in joint filing! So this is late news, though I am newly horrified!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just as an example about how that money could have been spent, though the figures were proposed eight months ago and was published in September 26, 2007 by Keith Alcorn:

"Up to $42 billion will need to be found by 2010 if universal access to HIV treatment, prevention and care is to be achieved in line with the 2005 commitment by G8 governments, UNAIDS said today."

I would have much preferred the money being spent on aid than mailed notices.


4 comments:

Rev SS said...

I agree with you ... AND since they are mailing notices, sure would like to receive mine.

Barbara B. said...

seems like the notices are superfluous... what a waste of both trees and money!

June Butler said...

Amen, Jan. What a gimmick this whole rebate business is. The thought of how the mailing money could have been spent, the good use that it could have been put to, is stupifying.

Unknown said...

If it makes you feel better, I haven't gotten a notice or a mailing.