Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oddly Familiar Meme

Suzy at Luminferous Ether tagged me a few days ago, and as I'm procrastinating tonight, I'll do it!

Rules:
  • The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
  • Each player answers the questions about himself or herself.
  • At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
  • Yadayadayada
Ten years ago:
This was about the time my devastating depression was waning. Oldest son DC was in his first year of college and the Corps at Texas A&M University. First child to leave home, and now the fourth and last one will be going away to college this fall.

Five things on today's "to do" list:
(But for me, this is for tomorrow)
  • Clean bedroom
  • Fill out Shalem situation sheet
  • Iron
  • Write two long letters that I've been putting off
  • Maybe lunch with husband
Things I'd do if I was a billionaire:
  • Buy my children and myself hybrid vehicles.
  • Fix up and live in my parents' house in Bellingham, WA half of the year and live here in TX the cooler part of the year.
  • Build and finance a (free) boarding school for orphans in Zambia.
  • Investigate where the best way to use money to help others in perpetuity and do it.
Three bad habits:
  • Procrastination
  • Being a pack rat
  • Not regularly exercising
Five places I've lived:
  • Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base, CA (3 different times--total of 5 years)
  • Yokosuka Naval Base, Japan (3 years)
  • Bellingham, WA (7 years)
  • Corvallis, OR (4 years)
  • Corpus Christi, TX (off and on for a total of 24 years)
Five jobs I've had:
  • Typist
  • Coffee shop cashier
  • Coffee shop cook
  • Weekend coffee shop manager
  • Elem. school teacher
  • Preschool teacher
Five people I'm tagging:

3 comments:

Barbara B. said...

Alrighty, I'll have to ponder my answers...

LOVE your new blog header!!

Jan said...

Thanks, Barbara, for noticing AND for you pointing me the way to getting such a pretty one!

Choralgrrl said...

So you did! Holy cats, girl, you've lived all over!

Would love to come and teach at your school. :-)