Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My clothesline

This is my clothesline with sheets hanging on it.

One good thing about the heat in south Texas is that it is ideal to hang clothes out on the clothesline to dry. I've always liked to do that, ever since moving here. I used to hang out cloth diapers to dry!

My clothesline is behind our garage in the space between the garage and the fence.


9 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I haven't hung out clothes for years and years, but I remember how good they always smelled.

Thanks for your comments on my post today. I'm sorry you've had those feelings too, . . . but it helps to know that other people understand.

Jan said...

Thanks, Ruth.

Lori said...

Ah, fresh outdoor dried clothes. Nothing smells better. That is so cool.

Barbara B. said...

yes, the fresh smell is the best! (except my town is sorta polluted so that wouldn't necessarily apply here!)

Fran said...

I grew up with a clothesline and how I loved the smell of freshly dried sheets, fresh from the sun.

Not only is the line a great thing but think of your gift to the environment... Lovely and generous.

Kate Morningstar said...

Pillowcases, fresh from the clothesline, on down pillows. That might be one of the best things of all. I can't do it here -- thanks for reminding me, Jan.

Terri said...

When I lived in Chicago, in the "neighborhood" I use to hang clothes out too, even cloth diapers. LOVED it. But then I moved to suburbs where I don't think we were "allowed" to hang out our laundry. And now, well, it is certainly hot and dry here and laundry would dry almost instantly...but somedays the wind is so bad that the laundry would be blown away - that or filled with dust. Really.

I love that you hang your laundry out. Its just very cool.

Easter Almuena said...

Nice place to hang clothes! :-)

Jan, please come and visit and join us in prayer. Thanks!

Crimson Rambler said...

Back in 1971 when we first came to the prairies, I had a new baby and six dozen gauze diapers (from Marshall Field's!). I washed two dozen every morning and hung them out, and when I hung up #24, it was time to take down #1 = dry. Humidity was about 3%. It felt just wonderful.