
Z Tejas Grill is where DH and AA's wedding rehearsal dinner was held in September 2006. It was wonderful. This location in downtown Austin is the original restaurant, which now has locations in Arizona, California, Utah, and Washington, besides Texas. I never knew that until I started trying to find a picture of the wooden STAIRS at Z-Tejas!
When we learned that we would have to wait almost 2 hours to get seated for breakfast on Mother's Day, we left to go elsewhere. As I'm watching someone come up the stairs with bouquets of flowers, I tripped and fell on the stairs. I got up pretty quickly, even though husband CB later told me that he wasn't sure that I would get up! And somehow for the rest of the day of eating (at Juan in a Million Mexican restaurant, which was very good), visiting, shopping at the Outlet Mall (for MJ), and coming home, I did not realize that my ankle was swollen.
So today my ankle and foot are swollen, but only slightly sore. I certainly feel like I continue to be a klutz.
When we learned that we would have to wait almost 2 hours to get seated for breakfast on Mother's Day, we left to go elsewhere. As I'm watching someone come up the stairs with bouquets of flowers, I tripped and fell on the stairs. I got up pretty quickly, even though husband CB later told me that he wasn't sure that I would get up! And somehow for the rest of the day of eating (at Juan in a Million Mexican restaurant, which was very good), visiting, shopping at the Outlet Mall (for MJ), and coming home, I did not realize that my ankle was swollen.
So today my ankle and foot are swollen, but only slightly sore. I certainly feel like I continue to be a klutz.
9 comments:
oh no! You probably sprained your ankle. praying for you... I did that once, moving into a place.... no, you aren't klutzy, not too anyway...
well, dang, I'm sorry! ankles are tricky...it's not just a klutz issue! :)
Ouch! I hope your ankle heals up quickly.
Well, my foot-ankle is more swollen, but it's not hard to walk on it. I've been putting ice on it tonight and keeping it up until I get bored, so I'm back at the computer now.
I hope you're keeping ice on it.
And anyone can trip. It has nothing to do with being a klutz. As an old roommate used to tell me, "Stop talking ugly to yourself." (That's meant kindly.)
Hope your ankle is 100% soon ... meantime, don't feel alone ... "grace" is my middle name. -:)
Jan, I'm a world champion ankle sprainer. Went to see my family doctor once about something else, I had a cane when I walked in, and he shook his head and said, "Not again!" I said, I bet if we did a search of your records over the last 25 years (he'd been my doctor that long) using "sprained ankle" my name would come up most. He agreed.
RICE -- Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. For longer than you think. Sprains take longer to heal than broken bones. Prayer helps, and you're getting some.
Thank you for caring. Kate, I appreciate you sharing your own experience with sprained ankles--esp. that it takes longer to heal than one would expect. RICE was also a good reminder. Thank you!
Those steps are too big. The food is not that great anyway. For the life of me, I don't know how Z-Tejas got so popular. The brunch is OK but not worth waiting 20 minutes, much less two hours. My favorite Mexican food in Austin is Las Manitas, it's kind of a dive but it's just the best. Even better than Chewy's. Call me next time you're in town. I know all the great places.
Post a Comment