
This Labor Day Weekend, my daughter AE and her beloved KA (whom AE's grandfather calls his "Cincinnati granddaughter") went on a holiday to the Olympic Penninsula and to Victoria, Canada. They went on ferries to Port Townsend, WA from Seattle and from Port Townsend to Victoria and back again.
While in Port Townsend, AE called to tell us that she and KA are engaged! This is happy, but not unexpected, news. I hope and pray that they can marry someday. At least, in Canada that is possible, and AE keeps hinting that that is where they may end up, as indicated by her blog title Random Thoughts of an Aspiring Expat.
This was a memorable weekend for our family: DC and AA celebrated their first wedding anniversary (Happy Anniversary, D and A!); AE and KA became engaged to be married; BJ got a Brittany Spaniel puppy that he named Troy; and MJ and I were in Austin for a soccer tournament (plus we got to be with DC and AA).
7 comments:
Jan,
Yes, at least in Canada we can marry. Glad to hear that you are visiting my part of the country. isn't it beautiful?
Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is special that someone so spiritual likes my blog. I strive to be spiritual but do not consider myself to be.
By the way, have you read Leonard Pitts' editorial today? He writes about his attempt to talk to God. It's kind of funny.
Peace.
Margaret
Congratulations to AE and KA! I hope they can marry someday, wherever they want to marry. Congrats to DC and AA, too; first wedding anniversary...ah, they're still newlyweds! :) It sounds like you guys had a GREAT labor day weekend. Congrats all around...
:)
Judi
YAY .. CONGRATULATIONS TO AE & KA! Sure hope I get to meet them one day.
wow, quite a weekend! congrats to all!
Beautiful news- and may they be able to marry in peace, love in peace, live in peace.
The fact that we have to legislate it is a sad mystery.
God Bless You All!!!
(i have insomnia and am glad i decided to stop by here in my sleepless wandering!)
glad to hear about the engagement! congratulations!
wow. congratulations! it's just too sad that they may have to go to, or move to, Canada to marry...I dream of the day when it's legal in this country. I'm sure it will be, probably in a generation or two...
Post a Comment