Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Busy Tuesdays

I am very busy on Tuesdays and am home in a break to make dinner for husband CB and daughter MJ. This morning was the Wisdom Class, the book study I facilitate. Currently our book is Embracing the World: Praying for Justice and Peace by Jane Vennard. We've been having really good discussions about personal prayer, intercessory prayer, evil in the world, and praying for enemies. I was very pleased that one person brought up the usefulness of the prayer I suggested--Bless _____________, change me."


This afternoon is three hours of EFM Bible study--my first year. (I had wondered if I'd even like it since I've taken many seminary hours of Scripture classes, and joined because a friend is facilitating.) After that ends at 5, I have one hour until a Greek class taught by a priest at a different Episcopal Church. I took Greek for two semesters five years ago, but have lost everything I learned. However, I think Greek may be a little easier for re-learning now.

And so I wanted to leave a quotation here for anyone who happens to stop by:

"We think we must climb to a certain height of goodness before we can reach God. But He says not 'At the end of the way you may find me;' He says 'I am the way; I am the road under your feet, the road that begins just as low down as you happen to be.' If we are in a hole the Way begins in the hole. The moment we set our face in the same direction as His, we are walking with God."
~Helen Wodehouse (1880-1964)


5 comments:

Fran said...

Wow you are busy! I am really blown away by your schedule.

And Greek! Wow. I saw that you mentioned that at garlic salt yesterday. Sheesh!

Well I totally loved the quote and may need to borrow it for a post at my church blog!

Peace to you!

Terri said...

I hope you love EFM, even with all you have done and studied...

and thank you for that quote, it's lovely...

Jan said...

Fran and Mompriest, I'm so glad you stopped by. I've been missing commentors. And Mompriest, I am really enjoying EFM and am impressed with all the info in the notebooks!

June Butler said...

Jan, you are one busy lady. It's a wonder that you have time to blog.

The quote from Helen Wodehouse is soothing, isn't it? I need soothing today.

Amalee Issa said...

Jan, thanks for posting the Helen Wodehouse quotation - it speaks to me profoundly. Amalee