It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring.
We've had thunderstorms booming and pouring rain since 4:30 this morning. Baillie, our cocker spaniel, is scared of the thunder, because she learned this from her former older "sister," Licorice, a black lab, who died last year. Cisco, the young shepherd mix the children gave my strong, quiet husband CB at Christmas, is not afraid.
I like rain, since I spent much of my life, before Corpus Christi, TX, in the Pacific Northwest. I am always deluded by the weather here though--as I look out the windows (and the air conditioner is running), I expect that it would be cool outside. Yes, it's somewhat "cooler," but still in the 80s and very humid.
The 13 year old addition that connects the sunroom (where two computers sit on different desks) with the laundry room and a bedroom has a roof that is leaking again. In more spots than ever. Over the past few years, CB has "fixed" various spots around the seeming origin--even so much as re-roofing that part of the roof. I'm glad he is so proficient at repairs. Now we have two buckets collecting water. . . .
I remember when I first moved to Corpus Christi from Oregon in 1978, I read an article in the local newspaper that warned about the coming onslaught of mosquitoes (after thunderstorms, like the current ones). I still recall that this article said that there are over 200 different varieties of mosquitoes, and they ALL live in this area. So in a week or so, those will be swarming. . . .
And I still like the rain.
3 comments:
200 varieties of mosquitoes! I thought MN was bad.
I like the rain, too, Jan. (And we continue to have a LOT of it up here. It's amazing.)
Loved your line about CB and the repairs.
Jan, I wonder if you have more varieties of mosquitoes than we have in south Louisiana.
I hate it when they buzz around after I'm in bed, trying to go to sleep.
My next husband is going to be a handyman.
Post a Comment