Sunday, July 29, 2007

Christian book review of Harry Potter

I found a review of the last Harry Potter book at Metacatholic that I really like. You should only read it if you have already read the book or won't ever read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, because the entire plot, deaths and all, are analyzed in a Christian perspective. So go and read Cry God for Harry, if you don't mind the spoilers.

9 comments:

Diane M. Roth said...

I'll wait. but thanks for sharing.

Barbara B. said...

I'll have to wait too since I'm just now getting to read it!

Doug said...

Thanks for the link and kind comment

emmapeelDallas said...

I finished it last night, and I'm going to go check out your link! Thanks!

:)

Judi

Nancy said...

That is a very good review. I've read several reviews of the book and I'm disappointed because most reviewers don't look in depth at all the symbolism in the Harry Potter books. This reviewer does look for deeper meanings--and I think there many layers of meaning in the books.

April said...

Great link, Jan. Thank you! (And thanks for visiting my blog AND commenting, too!) :)

Katherine E. said...

I sent the review to my family, Jan. They all love Harry Potter!

Jan said...

I'm so glad you agree that this is a good review!

Amalee Issa said...

Jan, I like your blog. I like your fascination with doing the laundry (at last, someone like me!!), Now I know this has nothing to do with HP, but how do you fancy starting up a blog with me and April devoted entirely to pictures of laundry blowing dry on the washing line? I reckon this is a gap in the blog-sphere, and we are the three gals to fill it! April, I know it's probably really rude to ask third parties for their opinion, via someone else's blog, but what do you think?

Amalee