Friday, July 6, 2007

Friday List

Via Serena, I have the following:
Today's edition of RGBP Friday Five is the following "oldie"

Today what are you:

1. wearing: flax camp shirt and flax crop pants, with comfortable sandals (always in south Texas). I have a very fashionable friend who told me that I'm too "young" to wear comfortable shoes, but that's all I wear anymore!

2. reading: (All of them??) "The Hidden Heart of the Cosmos" by Brian Swimme; "The View from the Center of the Universe" by Joel R. Primach and Nancy Ellen Abrams; "Silence on Fire" by William Shannon and some others lying around. . . .

3. eating: a couple chocolate covered Altoids (which daughter AE says are "gross")

4. doing: on the computer, avoiding cleaning and writing a Sunday School series on "God and the Universe: which starts this Sunday.

5. pondering: evolving ideas about "church" and "God" . . . morality of killing--after a conversation with AE a few days ago, about the SAME wrong being committed by terrorists with innocent people and soldiers in war (especially U. S. soldiers). . . . remember my oldest son's birth 28 years ago today. . . . pondering. . . . ."God and the Universe". . . . .


10 comments:

Barbara B. said...

"God and the Universe" -- that will be an interesting Sunday School series! I hope you'll post your thoughts along the way.

Jan said...

Barbara, it's in process! But the idea came from that conference I went to last month, which I posted about in Highlights from the conference on The New Cosmology. I'm hoping that the Holy Spirit will guide me in forming these lessons.

Jody Harrington said...

We're doing a series on God and the Universe, too, in Sunday School. Probably a different approach from yours though as it's based on Case for a Creator book and video by Lee Strobel. Our class has a group of engineers and scientists who love it, but the hard core science in the book is over my head.

Yours sounds very interesting!

My girls love the chocolate altoids by the way. Can't keep them around!

zorra said...

Happy birthday to your son! If my mother were still living, today would be her ninety-third birthday. It's also Frida Kahlo's birthday.

Diane M. Roth said...

yes, a sunday school series on "God and the Universe" sounds fascinating. Love to hear more about it.

Jan said...

Zorra, I always think of my mother on her birthday, too. It wouldn't be her birthday, but if my mother was alive, she would be 88. She died of pancreatic cancer, like Grandmere Mimi's sister, very swiftly at the young age of 73.

Rev SS said...

Hey Jan, good play ... and thanks for the Harry Potter info (you're right, I missed... or forgot about your previous post about this)

Anne said...

katie says they're gross, too.

Anne said...

btw, david shares his birthday with the dear leader

Jan said...

Anne, how happy I am that you read my blog. Thank you, my dear. I didn't know that GWB's birthday was the same as David's. I think David is way ahead in his morals and personality!