Rejkarla brings today's Friday Five to RevGalBlogPals:
Without further ado, here is the Friday Five Random-Style meme for you on this September morning!
1. What is one of the best things that happened to you this week?
I started taking piano lessons! I last took piano lessons 50 years ago, and back then I never practiced. It's cool that in the adult beginning book, the first "song" is a simple version of "Amazing Grace." That's fun to peck at!
2. If you were in a Ms., Miss, Mr. (name your country) Pageant, what would your talent be?
I wish I could be like Purple and indicate that playing the piano is my "talent," but it isn't . . . yet. My main talent is reading.
3. You were just given a YACHT!!! What would you name it, and why?
When we were in Friday Harbor, WA I saw a little boat named for my youngest daughter (see below), and my grandfather named his fishing boat "FaiJan" for his daughters "Faith" (my mother) and "Janet" (my aunt).
I couldn't name my yacht for all four of my children, though I do like the syllable sounds of "Margaret J." Though it doesn't sound like a yacht, which is more classy and expensive than I can even imagine, I think I'd choose "Baillie B" because I like the the sound of it. ("Baillie" was the maiden name of my maternal grandmother, wife of the owner and builder of the "FaiJan.") Or maybe what would be more appropriate--"Dreamboat."
4. If you were to perform in a circus, what would you do?
I'd be a quiet clown who brought children to participate in little tricks.
5. What do you have in your bag/wallet/backpack that best describes your personality?
There's a little green notebook that I write down book and movie suggestions, addresses, quotes, and other info.
Without further ado, here is the Friday Five Random-Style meme for you on this September morning!
1. What is one of the best things that happened to you this week?
I started taking piano lessons! I last took piano lessons 50 years ago, and back then I never practiced. It's cool that in the adult beginning book, the first "song" is a simple version of "Amazing Grace." That's fun to peck at!
2. If you were in a Ms., Miss, Mr. (name your country) Pageant, what would your talent be?
I wish I could be like Purple and indicate that playing the piano is my "talent," but it isn't . . . yet. My main talent is reading.
3. You were just given a YACHT!!! What would you name it, and why?
When we were in Friday Harbor, WA I saw a little boat named for my youngest daughter (see below), and my grandfather named his fishing boat "FaiJan" for his daughters "Faith" (my mother) and "Janet" (my aunt).
I couldn't name my yacht for all four of my children, though I do like the syllable sounds of "Margaret J." Though it doesn't sound like a yacht, which is more classy and expensive than I can even imagine, I think I'd choose "Baillie B" because I like the the sound of it. ("Baillie" was the maiden name of my maternal grandmother, wife of the owner and builder of the "FaiJan.") Or maybe what would be more appropriate--"Dreamboat."
4. If you were to perform in a circus, what would you do?
I'd be a quiet clown who brought children to participate in little tricks.
5. What do you have in your bag/wallet/backpack that best describes your personality?
There's a little green notebook that I write down book and movie suggestions, addresses, quotes, and other info.

8 comments:
what wonderful variety--I esp love your yacht name considerations; peace!
Reading would be my talent too. Would love to learn to play the piano too but never learned to read music. Tried a few times, didn't stick.
I play the piano...but not at competition level anymore. LOL
Wouldn't it be wonderful to have reading celebrated at the level as well.
Oh...and kudos on the piano lessons. Awesome!!!!!!!
I'm so glad you decided to take piano lessons--what a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing your beauty in this bit of random!
hooray to you for tickling those ivories! and how smart to keep track of all those things in one handy, dandy little notebook!!
How nice be be playing familiar tunes already.
I never knew your mother's name was Faith. How did she become Margaret by the time I knew her?
Nancy, she was Margaret Faith, but in her immediate family, she was called "Faith."
Post a Comment