Blogging at Google's Blogger, I recently was boondoggled by the new designs of the site, which includes my blog.
I felt like I had lost track of all the blogs I daily check so that I
asked for help both at my blog and on Facebook!
And today was my turn to suggest the RevGalBlogPals Friday Five but Robin reported that it wasn't up on that site this morning, even though I had pre-posted it. Thanks to her comment, I finally got it posted, as I had originally done something wrong with Blogger's new set-up. Uh-oh. . . . .
1. When did you start blogging? What/who prompted you?
I started blogging in 2006, because a friend Katherine had also begun a blog. I had met Katherine at the Two Year Spiritual Formation Academy and wanted to stay in touch with her as the Academy was ending; she lives near Dallas and I live in far south TX, and so we have not seen each other since then. Also, thanks to Katherine, I became connected with RevGalBlogPals, a website that invites as members:
1. Women clergy, women church professionals, and women religious, or those discerning a call to Christian ministry.
2. Women or men blogging pals of (1).
3. All committed to building a supportive online community for women clergy, women church professionals, and women in religious life.
4. You must be an active blogger for the previous three months in order to join and to maintain membership.
2. How often do you post? How often do you visit blogging friends and/or other blogs?
I want to post every day, but don't do that as much as I used to. In fact, I am better about daily posts when I plan ahead for travels and pre-post them. I do not visit blogging friends as much as I would like to or as much as I used to, which is why I liked the old dashboard where all the new blogging posts were listed, which is what I complained about in that short post a few days ago. (Thank you to those of you who helped me out. Exploring the workings of this new Blogger is still on my agenda.)
3. Why do you keep on blogging?
I keep blogging partly because various friends and family subscribe to my blog, and somehow I stay in touch with them the way I used to do with letters, which don't get written much anymore. I also want to stay connected with blogging friends and am sad that some rarely blog anymore.
4. What do you like to write about?
Just as I say in my profile that I am an "eclectic" Christian, I think this blog reflects my various interests. I used to write more extensively about faith and politics, but now share more about what I've learned, with quotes and poems, plus pictures. Since my grandchild Avery was born almost two years ago, I post more family pictures, as I love being a grandmother! I need to get back to writing about books I am reading.
5. Have your blogging habits changed--or are they changing?
I think I wrote about that in #4. Back when I started blogging in 2006, it was the peak of blogging. Lots of visiting and commenting went on. I spent much more time on the computer during the years back then. I don't "tweet" but find the sites of Facebook and Pinterest fun and fast. While I sometimes posted recipes on my blog, now I pin them on Pinterest.
Bonus: Recommend a blog or two.
Vegetarian recipes from my daughters in Seattle:
Rainy Day Veggies
Liberal Politics among other things:
A Voice from the Foothills
And today was my turn to suggest the RevGalBlogPals Friday Five but Robin reported that it wasn't up on that site this morning, even though I had pre-posted it. Thanks to her comment, I finally got it posted, as I had originally done something wrong with Blogger's new set-up. Uh-oh. . . . .
1. When did you start blogging? What/who prompted you?
I started blogging in 2006, because a friend Katherine had also begun a blog. I had met Katherine at the Two Year Spiritual Formation Academy and wanted to stay in touch with her as the Academy was ending; she lives near Dallas and I live in far south TX, and so we have not seen each other since then. Also, thanks to Katherine, I became connected with RevGalBlogPals, a website that invites as members:
1. Women clergy, women church professionals, and women religious, or those discerning a call to Christian ministry.
2. Women or men blogging pals of (1).
3. All committed to building a supportive online community for women clergy, women church professionals, and women in religious life.
4. You must be an active blogger for the previous three months in order to join and to maintain membership.
2. How often do you post? How often do you visit blogging friends and/or other blogs?
I want to post every day, but don't do that as much as I used to. In fact, I am better about daily posts when I plan ahead for travels and pre-post them. I do not visit blogging friends as much as I would like to or as much as I used to, which is why I liked the old dashboard where all the new blogging posts were listed, which is what I complained about in that short post a few days ago. (Thank you to those of you who helped me out. Exploring the workings of this new Blogger is still on my agenda.)
3. Why do you keep on blogging?
I keep blogging partly because various friends and family subscribe to my blog, and somehow I stay in touch with them the way I used to do with letters, which don't get written much anymore. I also want to stay connected with blogging friends and am sad that some rarely blog anymore.
4. What do you like to write about?
Just as I say in my profile that I am an "eclectic" Christian, I think this blog reflects my various interests. I used to write more extensively about faith and politics, but now share more about what I've learned, with quotes and poems, plus pictures. Since my grandchild Avery was born almost two years ago, I post more family pictures, as I love being a grandmother! I need to get back to writing about books I am reading.
5. Have your blogging habits changed--or are they changing?
I think I wrote about that in #4. Back when I started blogging in 2006, it was the peak of blogging. Lots of visiting and commenting went on. I spent much more time on the computer during the years back then. I don't "tweet" but find the sites of Facebook and Pinterest fun and fast. While I sometimes posted recipes on my blog, now I pin them on Pinterest.
Bonus: Recommend a blog or two.
Vegetarian recipes from my daughters in Seattle:
Rainy Day Veggies
Liberal Politics among other things:
A Voice from the Foothills

4 comments:
"Eclectic" Christian describes you perfectly.
Thanks, Purple. I take that as a compliment, though some might not!
It IS a compliment!
eclectic Christianity and eclectic blogging--why not both? I'll be happy to link to you; I believe you were on my blogroll before it got depopulated. peace!
Post a Comment