Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Banned Books Week--almost NOW!




I mistakenly thought that BANNED BOOKS WEEK was going on right now! But Bonnie of Bonnie's Books directed me to the correct info: Sept. 30 to Oct. 6! I guess I was confused by our local Half Price Books celebrating this Saturday, which is Sept. 29.

There is a short video about the American Library Association's 30 years of observing Banned Books.

And here is a list of banned and challenged classics.


2 comments:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Banned Books Week doesn't start until Sunday. It is Sept. 30-Oct. 6, 2012. Check these sites:

http://bannedbooksweek.org/

http://www.ala.org/advocacy/banned/bannedbooksweek

https://www.facebook.com/bannedbooksweek

http://bannedbookschallenge.blogspot.com/

If you've written about a banned or challenged book, let me know and you can put it on my blog (the last link above). It can even be an old review you've written, since it would be new on the Banned Books blog. Even if it's a book we've already covered, what you say would be a new perspective.

susan said...

I've never read the banned list for books before. I was surprised by some of the titles. I.e The Lord of the Rings?

I am slightly scandalous since I've only read 16 of the banned books.