Sunday, March 11, 2012

Stages of Aging


Once I hit 60 years old and let my hair go white, I've felt pushed into an "old" category. And today I saw the stages of "old" that I heard about at a United Methodist conference on senior adults some years ago:

65-74 young-old

75-84 old

85 and older old-old

I'm not even "young-old" yet! Although, I am taken aback that my mother died when she was young-old.

All these categories are meaningless, especially when you consider that they all indicate age.

2 comments:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Buggy, tricycle, bike, convertible. Yup, I had all those. Van? Nope, I had a station wagon before vans arrived on the scene. Where's the sedate ole sedan? That's what I have now, not an SUV, not an RV, which I can't afford on my pension and Social Security. I'm not yet ready for the Jazzy or the wheelchair, but this exercise is make me feel -- uh -- like I'm moving toward the top end of "young-old." I'll be 72 in April.

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

goodness guess i'll keep using that lifting face cream for awhile... not near old, but some days, that puppy of mine makes me feel it! er or teenagers... they make me feel positively ancient!!