Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Five: Woman Edition

For today's RevGalBlogPals Friday Five, Revkjarla brings us this:

So, since I am in the WR mode, let's talk about women in your life!

1. Name a woman author you very much love to read.
Terri put down lots of mystery authors, whom I also love. However, I would like to add Jacqueline Winspear (author of Maisie Dobbs mysteries) to that list, along with Dorothy Sayers. I admire Karen Armstrong, too, and want to read more of her books.Other female spiritual writers I like to read are Emilie Griffin, Beatrice Bruteau, Ruth Burrows, Kathleen Norris.

2. Name a woman from the Bible with whom you would like to enjoy a nice long coffee talk.
Widow of Nain, Samaritan woman, Mary.

3. Name a famous woman from history with whom you would like to have lunch.
Queen Victoria, Julian of Norwich, Madame Curie, Cleopatra (after reading the recent "biography" of her).

I liked Purple's suggestion of the women who worked for women's right to vote. The person that kept coming to mind is not famous, but I'd like to have dinner with my mother's mother, who was a suffragette. I never knew her and would like to have a chat with her.

4. Name a living famous or infamous woman with whom you would like to go out to dinner.
Suu Kyi; I wish I could have sat in a dinner with her and Hillary talking recently!

Newsweek has a wonderful edition this week of the "150 Fearless Women in the World."

5. If you could be SuperWoman (o.k., I know you already ARE) what three special powers would you like to have? 
Endless energy, instant relocation abilities, healing.

4 comments:

river song said...

I love your list for #2 and need to check out those Fearless Women! Like you I year for gifts of healing for the world and for myself... peace!

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Oh yes, Karen Armstrong. How cool would it be to talk with your mom's mom...what stories she could share from a unique perspective.

Sue said...

Endless energy! Great choice...

Teri said...

great play! thanks for the link to the newsweek list--can't wait to check it out.