Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday


After reading two thankful posts by blogging friends (Anne and The Bug), I feel impelled to express my gratitude, too.

When my husband visited our family doctor for a routine appointment, he used his cell phone so the doctor could immediately talk to me! That was much better than waiting around for Dr. S. to return my phone call, which is understandable but time-consuming. He wrote an additional prescription for Prednisone, while telling me how much I can safely take in Spain. (Yay!) But the really good news is that I can increase my daily dose up to an entire pill (10 mg.), since the pain, swelling, etc. are not totally eliminated by the half-dose.

I am hoping this will improve my life, as the worst part of the "non-specific arthritic" pain has been in my right hand and wrist lately, so much that it has been difficult to write with a pen and even limits my time typing on the computer. That has greatly diminished my blogging time, both posting and reading (or commenting) other blogs.

I am thankful for this today and for the future better-well-being.

1 comment:

The Bug said...

I'm glad you were able to talk to your doctor - hopefully this will give you some good relief!