Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ipod Apps I Like: prayer and words

Equanimity - Meditation Timer & Tracker

I am surprised at how a techno-app can stimulate my meditation times, but this one called "Equanimity" has! It has a timer that begins with a gong and ends with three; the time is shown to pass by the darkening of the circle. First I downloaded the free version, which is only the timer. I liked that so much that I bought the app that includes a journal and records of sittings. This is re-motivating me to sit twice a day!

The other app that is very enjoyable is a game my children play, based upon Scrabble. We can even play together long-distance (See how new I am to all this?). Son DC almost always wins.

Words With Friends

If you want to play a game with me, I am listed as "Janintx."


Whirly Words

My friend Nancy suggested the game "Whirly Words," which I also find fun. I seem to be getting these games for my trip to Spain, but they are enticing here at home, too.

And here I never even knew what "apps" were before!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Rats. I have an IPod but not a fancy one...and my Droid doesn't have that Equanimity thing...wish it did.