Friday, July 9, 2010

Graduate?

by Bruce Tinsley, the conservative political cartoonist

Unfortunately, this seems to be my philosophy and I am much older than the guy pictured--so imagine a lady with white hair up there!

Oh, those papers. . . . after Alaska!

3 comments:

The Bug said...

When I met Dr. M we were in seminary. He already had a degree from Wake Forest. After he graduated (M.Div with Languages) he decided that he wasn't really called to the ministry. So he went back to school to get his teaching certification. His student teaching assignment was HORRIBLE (he had all the delinquents) & there weren't any jobs immediately available, so he decided to get his Masters in history. Then he went on to get his Ph.D. Our 20th anniversary is in December & he got his first full time REAL job last fall - at age 49.

So I guess I'm saying that you're not alone! And it was the writing of his dissertation that took so long - apparently a common problem!

Terri said...

I'm actually thinking that this might something for me to do, if a real job doesn't come along first..sigh

Mavis said...

I like it!