Try to read the small print on the sign--we're all going to hell! (I am reassured by Father Kelly Nemeck saying no one is in hell.) I'm definitely a feminist and a liberal, among other labels listed.Thanks to my daughter who emailed the link to me, which is at The Yale Daily News. Here's a brief recap of the picture:
Evangelist causes a stir 12.04.09
Jesse Morrell — a 25-year-old evangelist preacher from Cheshire, Conn., who said he did three stints at the juvenile detention center on Whalley Avenue for selling drugs — says he knows where most Yale students are headed: hell.
8 comments:
If you are going to hell, and I definitely am (per the sign), at least we can have a meetup there!!!
I wonder how many people have been "saved" by being threatened with hell. Do these hellfire folks realize they are trying to turn God into an abusive monster? "Love me OR ELSE."
I look at that sign wearing young man's posture and can't help but think he is in hell himself, right now. It's a sad thing.
thanks for this one Jan. the list is so intriguing. yet so sad.
I'm with Lauralew. not the most compelling tactic.
interesting list.
Meet you there, everyone!
Sad.
Hell schmell - whatever. I have been on a big marriage equality rant over at my blog, 3 posts full.
Why must the haters hate? Faith is about what unites us, not divides us.
*sigh*
At least that is how I see it.
And hell is of one's own choosing.
Post a Comment