Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday Five: Do Nothing Christmas


Sally at RevGalBlogPals writes for this Friday Five:

I am reading a wonderful little book for Advent it's title: "Do nothing Christmas is Coming!"

So this weeks Friday Five is simple.

List Five things you won't be doing to prepare for Christmas.

And while you are doing nothing play the bonus, put your feet up and listen to your favourite Advent Carol, and post it or a link to it...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, I haven't done a Friday Five for awhile or posted, because I was at a Christ-centered prayer retreat from Monday-Thursday this week, which I will post about later. So I am excited about the prospect of doing nothing/little for Christmas
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. I am NOT baking as many cookies as usual, because I am eating healthier (and have lost 25 pounds!) with the Weight Watchers plan. I usually go overboard, supposedly to give cookies away, but we end up with way too many in the freezer. (Cookies are delicious when they are frozen!)

2. I am buying much less and so have less stress about presents. Since most have to be mailed away, I will order things online or give gifts to charity online.

3. I will not go shopping at busy shopping malls.

4. I am not worrying about all there is to do to make a "perfect" Christmas. That I am letting go of.

5. I did not buy a gigantic bag of Hershey kisses at Sam's yesterday.

My favorite seasonal song is "Mary, did you know?"

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Separated at birth, we are.
32 pounds gone from here and many of the same hopes/thoughts/plans this year.
Can't wait to hear about your retreat!

Auntie Knickers said...

I can really relate to 3,4 and 5. On the cookie front -- I really don't like baking cookies (although I will gladly eat them) -- pie is my nemesis.

zorra said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! I love Christmas baking, so that's a struggle for me. I'm with you on staying away from the malls!

I hope y'all get a little of this snow!

Unknown said...

Good for you, I didn't realize the total was so impressive!

angela said...

Good advice, all of it. I got the reese's bells and the butterfinger ones too, so I've failed #5--but I haven't opened the bags yet... Can't eat any on WW plan?!! Even 3-5 in a little bitty bowl? That might be torture. I'll have to find something to exercise the calories off.