Not quite as devastating as the picture above, yet it sounded like that many dishes fell from the china cabinet. It was a big shock! The glass shelf on the upper part sheared off and Ken Edwards Mexican pottery was in pieces. Bowls and a tea pot were smashed to pieces, as well as some other glasses.It is sad because my mother (who died in 1992) bought the Ken Edwards china for me when we moved to Dallas from Corpus Christi in 1985. Sometime since then he stopped making his pottery in Mexico.

So we've had two recent "disasters" at our house--the flooded bedroom and now the broken china. (It turns out that some of the plastic brackets holding the glass had broken off, so that the glass had little support and broke.)
3 comments:
Jan--I'm so sorry about this. I had something similar happen once, and--even though it was just "stuff," losing it still hurt because of the sentimental value.
Pax,
Doxy
((((Jan))))
Sucks. :-(
I went to my cupboards and admired the Ken Edwards bowl and plate you gave me long ago. Now I appreciate them even more. The bowl is safely stored in a bottom cupboard, so I think it's safe even when the earthquake comes. The plate is upright in the back of my dish cupboard. Maybe not so safe from an earthquake, but I see it every day when I set the table or put away the dishes.
Post a Comment