Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas is coming. . . .

Finally some steps towards Christmas were taken today. . . .
  1. Husband CB put up multi-colored lights on the eves of the house and around the bush and lamp in the front yard.
  2. I put out our old familiar Christmas wreath.
  3. Christmas letter has been contributed to by all members of the family.
  4. I've started to address Christmas card envelopes. With family and friends beyond Corpus Christi, I like to send and receive cards at Christmas. Sadly, many people are not doing this anymore, and so we don't get any news about them at all.
Since youngest daughter MJ will not be done with her semester finals until Dec. 17, she will not be home for awhile. I am so accustomed to her nudging me to get our tree up and decorations out that I have not done anything yet. Oh, well. . . .

Other news is that we must replace the rug in the back bedroom. Water overflowed from its tiny bathroom on Friday, which we discovered much too late to remedy the situation. That night the city water department came and unplugged a pipe in the backyard. They told us that all the rain had caused similar backups in other pipes around the city.

It was really cold here on Friday and Saturday, unusually so for south TX. There was even snow in Houston, with 1-4 inches. Son BJ called to say that there was an inch by his workplace.

I was supposed to drive to San Antonio early on Saturday morning to attend a class on mysticism and psychology, but I only got to Robstown and turned around. The car had been slipping a little on black ice. (I haven not driven on black ice since we lived in Oregon.) When I saw an overturned car with other damaged vehicles on the other side of the freeway, I decided to turn back and go home. It was nice to be home on such a cold day.

2 comments:

Ellie Finlay said...

You're way ahead of me, Jan! But at least I've bought the Christmas stamps.

Oh, so sorry about the water damage. What a bummer.

Jennifer said...

Good choice to return home.
May this be a day and week of peace for you.