Wednesday, September 9, 2009

SPAM

Since the weekend I have been deluged with SPAM email. This has not happened to me before to this extent. There are offers for employment, sex, dating, loans, money, free laptops, cell phones, anything you can think of. Most irritating.

I don't know who sold my email address. Blah.

So I am clicking the spam button repeatedly. It's working, because today I looked in the spam folder and there was a screen full of ridiculous messages. It gives me great pleasure to click on "EMPTY SPAM FOLDER."

Will they ever stop bothering me? Maybe I should change my email account name. . . .

5 comments:

Terri said...

I've found that doing what you are doing, listing them as spam and then deleting them usually ends it....for awhile...really awful, isn't it....sigh.

Nancy said...

I hope it clears up fast!

I went through a cycle of getting tons of Russian spam. (In Russian!)

Diane M. Roth said...

this happened to me because of something in facebook. no, you don't stop getting spam, although in gmail they separate out the spam for you in a separate account, and that helps a little.

mine never has gone away.

ste said...

Once I was listening to the radio and there was a program on about a computer program that was turning incoming computer files into music. Each different type of file had a different sound and the spam one was definitely heard the most. Although this was the only case where it had anything appealing attached to it!

Jaliya said...

LOVE the photo ... and the damn spam has been infiltrating my mailbox too. Lately I seem to be getting letters that beg for money for urgent business deals, and pseudo-"personal" invitations from people (or bots) who can't spell or phrase a subject line ...