Sunday, September 27, 2009

Brother Robert Lentz retreat

Brother Robert Lentz

I went to Houston this weekend for a short silent retreat with Brother Robert Lentz, who is famous for his contemporary icons. This was my first visit to the Cenacle House, which is run by six Cenacle Sisters. It was a wonderful experience in all respects, especially the speaker. I will write more about his talks in the coming week.

I went with four dear friends from Corpus Christi. We were part of a group of 15 who came for the silent retreat, with talks by the Franciscan Friar. The 4-hour rides to and from Houston were interesting and funny, with laughter throughout.

Dorothy Day by Robert Lentz, OFM

5 comments:

Terri said...

I've been on retreats to two different Cenacle Houses over the years...lovely. Also, wonderful icon too!

ROBERTA said...

sounds delightful jan! looking forward to hearing of your experiences.

Barbara B. said...

Sounds great!

Jennifer said...

I'll be stopping in to read more~

zorra said...

When I saw this icon I realized who Robert Lentz is. Such wonderful icons! I need to start paying closer attention to the retreat schedule at the Cenacle House.