I was one of three friends giving a baby shower for the daughter of another friend today. Luckily, DT is a whiz at planning parties and getting things organized so PD and I were go-fers for her, so the party was all ready by 5 o'clock. It was fun, but lots of buzzing and chit-chat that after awhile got me hiding. So tonight I was glad to come home after we cleaned up, to be quiet.Four hours of teaching, studying, or visiting with a few friends is much easier for me than four hours of "socializing." I'm glad I could be one of the hostesses, but am also pleased that I don't do this very often. It's much easier for me if we don't chit-chat and instead talk about something serious, which isn't exactly the topic for discussion at a baby shower.
Three years ago my son DC married AA. It's a happy memory for us. Today is also the anniversary of Josh, Gannet Girl's son, dying. Her pictures of him on her blog show a fun guy. Wishing his family to remember happy times with Josh and the joy he brought to their family.
2 comments:
After 9 years of ordained ministry I have gone from being an inrovert to being an extrovert...or maybe an extrovert with exceptions - that being I really need to come home after a day of pouring out and collapse into silence.
praying for GG all day...
I am like you in this. Parties just wear me out.
Post a Comment