
Most of my friends at All Saints Episcopal Church are unaware of Weavings magazine, which I've subscribed to since 1995. It is published by the (United Methodist) Upper Room and is edited by John Mogabgab, whose wife is Marjorie Thompson, author of Soul Feast.
"Weavings journal is a quarterly publication that promotes a pattern of faithful living marked by prayer, community, and engagement. Such living, to which laity and clergy alike are called, embraces all those expressions of discipline and discipleship that mark the Christian's response to God's work of weaving together the torn fabric of life." Each publication is dedicated to a topic, such as "Security," "Lonely Places, and "Faithful Friends."
A list of back publications is here, so that you can get an idea of various subjects covered, as well as which past magazines may still be ordered.
If you want to subscribe go here.
7 comments:
I love Weavings....
I'd not heard of the magazine and am always at a loss in a bookstore to find just such a magazine that would meet my needs. And your link has resources I imagine myself needing too. Thanks.
thanks for the suggestion! it sounds wonderful!
what mompriest said...
Hmm, Weavings was a staple of many a 'pisci priest back where I come from. Maybe it's got a regional influence or fan base. In any event, it's a fabulous journal.
too weird as usual Jan. i was just going through about 5 years of copies of Weavings at our church yesterday trying to decide whether we should keep them or not. I guess I'll keep em! lol
I hope you'll keep them in your church library. In my own library, I have them classified alphabetically, so I can find the "right" one easily.
Post a Comment