Saturday, May 9, 2009

Last week's wedding reception

At the reception at Serrano's Restaurant in Austin last Saturday night:
Here are the bride and groom. The groom is the son of my good friend LT.

Later in the evening at the reception:
Jan with son DC and his wife AA

Daughter MJ and CB

Mother of the groom, LT and Jan

LT and I met at a La Leche League meeting when we were pregnant with our first children (DC was my first). That started a friendship that goes on until this day. She was my first friend in TX. Her children are like my children's cousins and my nieces and nephews. And I'm sorry I did not get a picture of the father of the groom, but dad and son look a lot alike.

In fact, I took care of LT's oldest child while the man pictured above was born at home. So I've known the groom since he was one hour old.

LT's three children and my first three children are about the same age. We all grew up together (as moms and children). Without a fourth child, LT was MJ's classroom teacher both in pre-school and in first grade!

4 comments:

Terri said...

Oh my...what a family history....not having anything like that in my life, I find it really special!!

Barbara B. said...

And wonderful pictures!

Nancy said...

Love the pictures! Thanks for posting them.

Lauralew said...

What great pictures! I so appreciate the story of a lasting close friendship. Thank you for sharing.