I have two new books today; one bought at the church and one received from Amazon:
When a Congregation Is Betrayed: Responding to Clergy Misconduct which was edited by Beth Ann Gaede. I have only read the first few chapters, which are helping me to better understand the abuse of power that takes place when a priest/pastor has a sexual affair with a parishioner. There is a link on Amazon.com for another book that might be better than this one, though I am not sure that I need more than one book dealing with this subject: Understanding Clergy Misconduct in Religious Systems: Scapegoating, Family Secrets, and the Abuse of Power by Candace Benyei.
The other book I received in my mailbox is one written by Tobias Stanislas Haller, Vicar of Saints James Episcopal Church in Fordam, NY and fellow blogger at In a Godward Direction. I am excited to receive a copy of his newly published book Reasonable and Holy: Engaging Same-Sexuality.
2 comments:
Books are good! So are friends and family. And prayers. I'm glad you are surrounded by all of these.
I agree with Nancy.
You're in my prayers, Jan.
Post a Comment