Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What does it mean to say that God is loving?

Mystical Seeker has posted quotes and his reflections about Divine Love: Risk and Poignancy.

He ends by writing:

"I want to conclude by making another point about Divine love. The creative element of Divine love plays an important social role, I believe, in luring and pulling humans towards greater and more inclusive love in our own sphere at all levels of human society. God is constantly calling out to us, in a non-controlling way, to be more loving. The implications of this are huge. Being more loving means being more inclusive and more just. It means not just being individually more loving in our personal relations, but also building a more just society, one founded on inclusion, universality, and equality. It means abolishing oppressive social systems; it means including previously excluded groups--women, minorities, gays--into full equality. It means opposing war, economic exploitation, poverty, and injustice in every sphere. I thus believe that justice is intimately tied to love. You cannot have one without the other."

This is so good. Go and read his entire post!

4 comments:

Katherine E. said...

I've added his blog to my "favorites," Jan. Thanks.

Rev SS said...

I love your quote ... I'm off to read the whole thing, and probably join K.E. in adding his blog to my favorites. Thanks. Serena

Mystical Seeker said...

Jan, thank you for the kind word and thank you for the link.

Fran said...

WOW. That was great Jan. Thanks for the recommend to Mystical Seekers site.

On Rosh Hoshana you have done a good mitzvah. That is language that Jesus would have understood, so I believe it applies to us all.

Thank you.