Thursday, September 20, 2007

Very Little



Jesus said, "Whoever is faithful in a very little is faithful also in much; and whoever is dishonest in a very little is dishonest also in much." (Luke 16.10)

By Tom Ehrich


"I think Jesus' word to us is: live faithfully in the "very little," and God will make something of it. Be a good friend, a steadfast partner, a patient parent, a reliable employee, a diligent writer, composer or thinker, and God will take these small pebbles and use them to make a large creation better.

"We don't need to be famous. We just need to take today's tasks and opportunities seriously."



I subscribe to Tom Ehrich's "On a Journey" email delivery and am often blessed by his insights. If you go to that link On a Journey on the right of this page, you will find Tom's bio.



2 comments:

Diane M. Roth said...

especially like the last part about taking today's tasks and opportunities seriously.

Fran said...

What a lovely post - and I must check that site out.

Peace to you dear Jan!