Monday, September 10, 2007

Earth as a Village of 100 Video

I hope you will look at this thoughtfully, as if it is new to you. Think about it for awhile. Hold the people in your heart.

5 comments:

RevDrKate said...

That is so powerful.

RevDrKate said...

Hi Jan,
Here are your interview questions. I hope you enjoy them!

1. As you know, one of the things I admire about your blog is the variety and richness of the resources you bring and share with us about the concerns and needs of the world. How do you find this wonderful stuff? Voracious reader? Serious surfer? Other?
2. You have written in your faith journey posts about moving around a lot in your earlier years. How do you think this frequent relocation impacted your life course and/or worldview?
3. As you look back on your life, what “watershed” or crossroads event(s) do you identify as having been life changing or course altering for you, especially in terms of your faith journey?
4. You briefly mention in you profile the evolution of your call from possible ordination to a spiritual guidance program and MA in theology. Would you be willing to share a bit more about your process of discernment and how your focus changed?
5. You call yourself an “eclectic” Christian. Could you say more about this and what it means for you?

And I loved Mompriest’s bonus question so much, I’m going to offer it to you, too: Is there a question you've always wanted someone to ask you but it's never been asked? If so, what is it and what is your response?

And the “mandatory rules”
1. If you are interested in being interviewed, leave me a comment saying “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by posting five questions for you. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

June Butler said...

Jan, I watched it at FranIAm. It's quite moving. Thanks for posting it.

Fran said...

Jan I could swear I left a comment here this morning saying I was going to use this too. I guess it did not take and I hope you don't mind that I posted this as well.

This is the kind of message we all needed to see today. Thank you for being the source of it for me.

Peace to you.

Jan said...

Fran, I'm glad you posted it for more people to see this. Grandmere, I'm glad you saw it over at Fran's. Thanks, RevDK, for stopping by AND for the questions, which I'm pondering after a very long day of meetings and classes into the night.