Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Are you carpeting a rut?

I once commented on Fran's blog FranIAm that I remembered a poem about a "carpeted rut." Ever since then, I've wondered where that poem was, and today I found it. So here it is:

Take the whole kit
with the caboodle
Experience life
don't deplore it
Shake hands with time
don't kill it
Open a lookout
Dance on a brink
Run with your wildfire
You are closer to glory
leaping an abyss
than upholstering a rut


~ James Broughton ~

(Little Sermons of the Big Joy (1994) Port Townsend, WA: Syzygy Press)

3 comments:

Fran said...

What great words! And how I needed them today dear Jan!

Thanks for the link to me as well, very kind.

Peace to you and good wishes- to upholster and carpet all the beauty.

Diane M. Roth said...

thanks for sharing this. I need to figure out about sharing more poetry.

Jan said...

Fran, I'm glad you liked the poem as much as I do.
Diane, we'll have to talk about sharing more poetry--maybe together?