I've always loved books, and when I found this link on the literacysite, I clicked on it to vote for my favorite first book. Evidently, you can vote on different days, because eventually the "state" chosen will receive 50,000 free books for children.
The book I voted for was "The Color Kittens" by Margaret Wise Brown. I love her books, especially "Good Night, Moon" and "The Runaway Bunny." However, I remember reading those last two books to MY children, but remember the first one being read to me.
4 comments:
Great link -- thanks for posting it. I voted for Robert Lopshire's "Put Me In the Zoo"!
Thanks for stopping by, Barbara! I may have to look up "Put Me in the Zoo" on amazon, because I don't remember it.
That was fun and brought back a great memory of The Cat in the Hat!
I agree, that was a great link, and I voted for Dr. Seuss, The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins, which saved me from boredom in first grade!
Judi
Post a Comment