Monday, June 25, 2007

"Nothing stays the same. Even if the view out your window is a vista known for many years, the view out your soul is constantly changing. Even if you stay put, you don't stay the same. Wherever you say them, today's prayers are different.

"Looking forward is nothing so simple as packing a suitcase. Looking forward means following a restless God to the next need and to the next discovery about life. It means letting God give you a new mind, a new heart, and wings to fly."

~By Tom Ehrich

http://www.onajourney.org/oaj/publications/meditation/20070625.jsp

6 comments:

Nancy said...

I like the idea that "the view out your soul is constantly changing." I know that's true for me, although I'd never thought of it that way before. Sometimes I feel that, as I'm getting older, I am more open to change. I hope I will stay that way.

Jan said...

That's the same as Father Kelly telling me, "You're growing, you're growing." Growth means change. In fact, each breath we take brings a new perspective. I hope you see things anew on your trip!

emmapeelDallas said...

I like that idea, too. Growth DOES mean change. My psychopathology prof always used to say, a flexible mind is a healthy mind...which is a different way of saying the same thing...

Thanks for your kind words about Mike, Jan. I am so relieved that he's on the mend...

Judi

Rev SS said...

I like this ... reminds me of the line from "The Rose," "...it's the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live"

Terri said...

Lovely poem. Indeed all growth comes from change, which usually "hurts" on some level. Even being adaptive and flexible involves some "growth pain" from change. Thanks for coming by my blog and joining the poetry conversation!

Jan said...

I'm so glad to have so many share with me! Thank you.