Just got back from a windy and humid walk with my Sunday walking friend. Corpus Christi is always saved by its wind, but the stickiness still assualts you!
Katherine told me about using Cokesbury materials on prayer for this week's Bible School at her small church. She told me about stations for making prayers, talking about prayer, ideas for prayer, and so many good activities. It may be chaos at times, but God will be working AND the kids will be hearing about prayer and will pray!
I have recently become newly aware of no one showing me or talking to me about how to pray as I grew up . Not only as I was growing up, but as a young adult. I never thought about it until that Methodist minister in NJ (in 1992) told me to pray until I believed, just like John Wesley was told to preach until he believed. That instruction brought me to awareness of God being with me--by praying, even when I didn't know the point!
I am so glad that there are instructional materials about prayer for children. I'm grateful that they'll at least hear about prayer They'll see it done and know that prayer is something to do! They'll experience it. Seeds will be planted, whether it looks like it or not, within the children.
No comments:
Post a Comment