Looking at Serena's blog, I decided to be tagged about writing 5 things about Jesus, though I don't know whom to tag or anything else, even though the directions say to tag 5 others! Maybe someone will do that from here. . . . say so in your comment!
1. One with God
2. Cosmic Christ (Piere Teilhard de Chardin)*
3. True self/authentic
4. Compassion
5. Humility/dependence upon the Father
This may show my confusion or knowledge (or both) about Jesus. After being at this conference in San Antonio and hearing Fr. Kelly Nemeck (co-founder of Lebh Shomea www.lebhshomea.org) explain a little bit about his years of study, meditation, and prayer about Piere Teilhard de Chardin* and hearing the cosmology of Dr. Brian Swimme, I am awed by God/Christ as Universe.
I have so much to learn and so much to try to understand. I came home to my chemist husband, who already knew these facts about the expanding universe I just learned about. I've never thought of myself as "scientific," even though my two daughters have been interested in chemistry, like their dad.
6 comments:
Y' know, Madeleine L'Engle has always viewed God as cosmic. I had no idea at the time that I was advancing my spiritual education when I was 11 years old and reading and rereading "A Wrinkle In Time." Her ideas have helped me communicate with my scientist husband about religion (especially the idea of story as truth).
Oh, I'm glad you played ... God/Christ/HS as cosmic has always been my understanding too ... and our Cosmic God continues to create our ever-expanding universe. It's exciting, even if it is way beyond my ability to comprehend!
Odd -- this post only just appeared on my computer tonight.
Anyway: go to my blog and search posts for "Chardin" for what I think of as a Cosmic Christ illustration!
Gannet Girl, I looked and couldn't find the topic of "Chardin." Maybe tomorrow I'll have more time. . . .Thanks for commenting.
And Serena, the ever-expanding universe is beyond my imagination but is intriguing me after hearing Brian Swimme talk so much about it!
Nancy, I feel like I need to read "A Wrinkle in Time" all over again--it's been at least 40 years since I last read that book!
It's not in the topics; you have to type it into the "search blog" box. Anyway, it's the April 7 entry.
Madeleine L'Engle and Chardin all in the same blog. Oh, I do feel I have found my long lost tribe at last! I was reading these people years and years ago and wandering and pondering (still am). Good to have folks to do it with!
Post a Comment