We will learn what happens to Harry Potter in the last book of J. K Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows, on July 21, 2007 (unless you are not getting the book then). The books and the world of Hogwarts have enthralled me ever since they first appeared. Everyone in my family has read each one, often more than once--except for CB, my husband, ever the scientist. AE, my 25 year old daughter, even read one in Korean, while she was in South Korea. (She taught English there from 2003 to 2006.)
Following links along from Eighth Day Books http://www.eighthdaybooks.com/, I found this interesting article about the upcoming book and possible results. My liberal snobbishness comes out when I see that the article is from "Christianity Today," but I still liked what the author said.
If you are interested in Harry Potter and/or the new book, go to this site to read the article, "Waiting for Harry" http://www.christianitytoday.com/books/features/rumorsofglory/070625.html
4 comments:
I'm the only one in my household who hasn't read ALL the Harry Potter books, several times over. I read the first one, and liked it, but for some reason I just haven't picked up the others to read. We also have all the movies, of course, and they are always entertaining. Enjoy!
My son is a real Harry Potter trivia buff, but I've only read them each once. They are great fun!
Oh, I LOVE the Harry Potter books, and all of my kids (all grown) do too. We'll all be at various Barnes & Nobles at midnight, to pick up our reserved copies. What great books they are!
:)
Judi
Judi, you and your kids will be reading before my family will. We're taking the lazy (and somewhat slower) way of having Amazon deliver a copy to each of us.
We'll have to discuss all this around July 22 or 23, depending how long it takes to read this book--not sleeping, only reading!
Post a Comment