Psalm 131
You know that my heart is not haughty
Nor my eyes lofty
Neither have I reached for things
Too great and too wonderful for me
But I have calmed and settled my heart
And it is contented
Like a child surfeited on a mother's breast
Like a suckling child is my heart
Let those who question and struggle
Wait quiet like this for you
From this day forth
And always
Fischer, Norman. Opening to You: Zen-Inspired Translations of the Psalms. NY: Penguin Group, 2002. 160.
You know that my heart is not haughty
Nor my eyes lofty
Neither have I reached for things
Too great and too wonderful for me
But I have calmed and settled my heart
And it is contented
Like a child surfeited on a mother's breast
Like a suckling child is my heart
Let those who question and struggle
Wait quiet like this for you
From this day forth
And always
Fischer, Norman. Opening to You: Zen-Inspired Translations of the Psalms. NY: Penguin Group, 2002. 160.
No comments:
Post a Comment