Thursday, March 19, 2015

Facing One's Mortality


 Our last day in Bellingham, Washington, I wanted to look at the spots where my parents' ashes were placed after their deaths in 1992 and 2002. I also remembered that Green Acres is a place that has beautiful flowers, so I was hoping to see daffodils, which I did.

Last year Chuck and I decided to buy a plot near them.

We were surprised to see that our marker is already there! It made us pause in silence as we gazed at our names, indicating "the end."


 Since both my parents and maternal grandparents are here, this seemed like more of a central location than anywhere else that we know of.

My mother's parents, whom I knew as Grandpa and Nana. They were George and Anne.
My parents. Their families knew them as Rudy and Faith (their middle names), but friends called them Dave and Margaret.


No comments: