Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday Five: Spring!

From Sandra Boynton's FB page


Today's Friday Five of RevGalBlogPals:

I always think that daffodils are harbingers of spring, which arrives today. Although they do not grow here in south Texas,  I was able to see them blooming this past weekend in Washington State.

For today’s Friday Five, write about five signs of spring that you look for each year and most especially this year.

While in Seattle this past week, I took pics of spring bloomings that I do not see in TX:

1. Daffodils

 2. Tulips

3. Flowering trees
downtown Seattle near Seneca and First Ave.

4. First greening of mesquite trees (in TX)--hasn't quite happened yet.

Our mesquite tree last March 28, 2014
5. Wildflowers in TX, especially after a rainy winter and spring, like this year.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love watching the tulips or daffodils crack the surface of the soil. Such an act of strength and grace.

Reminds me of the poem by Joyce Rupp titled Easter. It's on her website and she using a lovely pink tulip with it.

~~Elaine

Terri said...

Oh, I loved the mesquite trees in Arizona. Lovely photo images of spring.