Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Mother and Me



Here is a picture of my mother, Margaret Faith Cowling, with me taken in January 1981. She was then 62 years old, which is my age now. In the picture, I was half her age--31 years old and only had one of my four children at that time.

Today is my mother's birthday and will always be a day for remembering her, even though she died 20 years ago. She would have been 94 years old today, which might have been a possibility if she had not contracted pancreatic cancer. I have a few friends who have mothers still living at this age and older. Not many people live to be in their 90's with a high quality of life, even in the 21st century.

2 comments:

The Bug said...

Happy birthday to your mom! Mine was not quite 62 when she died & yes, I remember her every year on her birthday :)

Nancy said...

I love that picture!