Revkjarka brings today's Friday Five to RevGalBlogPals:
Can you believe it is April 12???? Have you finished your taxes? Here in Boston, the city is abuzz with Boston Marathon anticipation. We are finally hearing birds chirp in the morning, and even though it was in the low thirties last night, many of us are bravely sporting open-toed sandals. None of this has anything to do Friday Five, except randomness. So, in that spirit.......
1. How are you doing? What's going on in your life?
I am rushing because as soon as I finish this Friday Five, we are leaving for Houston, which is a four-hour drive from Corpus Christi. Today we are visiting our son BJ, who will be 28 next week. Then tomorrow we'll go to Austin to visit oldest son DC and his family.
2. Have you ever resigned from a position? What was the good-bye like?
When I was pregnant with DC way back in 1979, I resigned from my position of teaching third grade at Coles Elementary School here in Corpus Christi. I was having too many difficulties sleeping and with my pregnancy, so after we bought our first house, I quit (in the spring). I had only been there for one year and was in the difficult situation of having all the "resource" (special ed) kids in third grade put in my classroom--me being the new teacher. I was in culture shock moving from Oregon where I had taught 2-3 grade combinations and was thrust into the heat and humidity of a strange culture.
It was hard to leave the class of third graders in many ways, but I had not formed any attachment with other teachers and so found it easy to go home and be with our new cocker spaniel puppy Bagel--and prepare for DcCs arrival soon.
3. So, we are still resurrecting...still getting used to New Life!! What is a source of new life for you?
Playing the piano with my first ever piano recital on May 19!
Also, I'd like to live like Thich Nhat Hanh suggests:
4. My friend is running the marathon on Friday, because it is on her bucket list. What is something on your bucket list?
Piano!!
5. Tell us about one precious thing (tangible) you keep around your house, your altar, your pocket, and what is its story?
The picture I took of youngest son BJ with my mother soon before she died of pancreatic cancer in 1992. They are both are smiling broadly. My mother is yellow with jaundice and BJ is grinning with a big cowlick sticking up on top of his head. I love it.
Can you believe it is April 12???? Have you finished your taxes? Here in Boston, the city is abuzz with Boston Marathon anticipation. We are finally hearing birds chirp in the morning, and even though it was in the low thirties last night, many of us are bravely sporting open-toed sandals. None of this has anything to do Friday Five, except randomness. So, in that spirit.......
1. How are you doing? What's going on in your life?
I am rushing because as soon as I finish this Friday Five, we are leaving for Houston, which is a four-hour drive from Corpus Christi. Today we are visiting our son BJ, who will be 28 next week. Then tomorrow we'll go to Austin to visit oldest son DC and his family.
2. Have you ever resigned from a position? What was the good-bye like?
When I was pregnant with DC way back in 1979, I resigned from my position of teaching third grade at Coles Elementary School here in Corpus Christi. I was having too many difficulties sleeping and with my pregnancy, so after we bought our first house, I quit (in the spring). I had only been there for one year and was in the difficult situation of having all the "resource" (special ed) kids in third grade put in my classroom--me being the new teacher. I was in culture shock moving from Oregon where I had taught 2-3 grade combinations and was thrust into the heat and humidity of a strange culture.
It was hard to leave the class of third graders in many ways, but I had not formed any attachment with other teachers and so found it easy to go home and be with our new cocker spaniel puppy Bagel--and prepare for DcCs arrival soon.
3. So, we are still resurrecting...still getting used to New Life!! What is a source of new life for you?
Playing the piano with my first ever piano recital on May 19!
Also, I'd like to live like Thich Nhat Hanh suggests:
4. My friend is running the marathon on Friday, because it is on her bucket list. What is something on your bucket list?
Piano!!
5. Tell us about one precious thing (tangible) you keep around your house, your altar, your pocket, and what is its story?
The picture I took of youngest son BJ with my mother soon before she died of pancreatic cancer in 1992. They are both are smiling broadly. My mother is yellow with jaundice and BJ is grinning with a big cowlick sticking up on top of his head. I love it.


6 comments:
Well I had to stop reading your post & write one of my own with that Thich Nhat Hanh quote! We're doing a Relay for Life walk tonight & I want to walk in just the way he describes (now that you've brought it to my attention). Thanks!
I have appreciated Thich Nhat Hanh for many years, since I first read his book Living Buddah Living Christ (or something like that)....and because I have meditated for so long. I do hope you have a great visit.
Good luck at the piano recital. How fabulous!
The "walking as if your feet were kissing the earth" is one of my favorites. And wow, piano! So fantastic.
I hope you are having safe travels....
wishing you a wonderful time with family...
lucky and i will remember this when we go walking... well i will. he'll be sniffing and looking for ducks... 'tis his nature.
Music is such an awesome gift and how wonderful that your are learning to create it on Piano - you go girl,
Post a Comment